2. What personal information do we collect
You can visit our Website without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit our Website, use our Services and or reply to ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information from your interaction with our Website and Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from www.digitalrenter.com, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
- Information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies. Information you provide to us: We collect and store any information you enter on our website or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use including for example, your name, address, email address, telephone number or financial information;
- additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party Services;
- information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website or correspondence that is sent to us; and
- information about your location and the location of your device, including your device's unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device ;
- Information from other sources: we may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
3. How we use your personal information
You agree that we may use your personal information (see above) for the following purposes:
- to provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone;
- to personalize, measure and improve our Services, content and ads;
- to contact you, by e-mail, push notification, text message (SMS) or by telephone, to inquire about our Services;
- to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information.
- service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our Services on the website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies and technical support. In such cases, the personal information shall remain under the control of digitalrenter.com.
- to comply with legal obligations or a court order; or
- if this is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses, such as fraud, deceit or prosecution, or
- if it is necessary to maintain our policies or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
- other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via [same as above], e.g. in the framework of a cooperation;
- companies that we intend to merge with in the context of a reorganisation or that acquire us;
- an intellectual property owner if the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary in good faith believes that an advertisement violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser
Without limitation to the foregoing, we shall moreover - in our efforts to respect your privacy and to keep the website free of malicious persons or parties - not disclose your personal information to third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure (i) is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), for the purpose of obtaining legal advice or is necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights, (ii) is necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders, or the assessment or collection of tax or duty, (iii) is requested by a body that performs public regulatory functions.
Information you share on www.digitalrenter.com:Our Website allows users to share advertisements and other information with other users, thereby making this shared information accessible to other users. Since our Website also enables you to directly contact a buyer or seller, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our website and therefore we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users.
In case you visit our website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared computer to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your website visits.
Usage of data from Facebook.
Login using your Facebook account, we obtain the bare minimum of your information. This information permits Digital Renter to only log you into and out of the application.
For real estate agents, you can grant permission to the Digital Renter App to access your list of groups and pages. This is important so that the Digital Renter app can automatically share your properties on your facebook page and groups to increase reach. The app will post any content on your personal timeline.
Deleting of facebook data.
To request for deletion of your personal data from Digital Renter Platform, send us an email at email@example.com using the same email which you registered. We will delete your account along side other personal data that does not break our system within the period of 30 days. If you change your mind before that time, reply to that email requesting for the action to be annuled.
4. Marketing Purposes
You agree that we may use the information collected by us to send you offers, whether personalised or not, or to contact you by telephone regarding products or Services offered by digitalrenter.com or companies of the Africa Internet Group.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services and functionalities.
When you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can, where applicable, change your preferences in your account, or follow the unsubscribe link in the marketing communication you received.
6. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
7. Protection and retention of your personal information
We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us through the Contact Form or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
8. Other information
Abuse and unsolicited commercial communications ("spam"): We do not tolerate abuse of our website. You do not have permission to add other digitalrenter.com users to your mailing list (e-mail or postal) for commercial purposes, even if a user has purchased something from you, unless the user has given his explicit consent. If you notice that someone is abusing our Website (spam or spoof emails), please notify us by email: email@example.com
Contact: If you have any questions about digitalrenter.com and our website please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org